One of the most significant decisions you will make during the buying
process is selecting where to live. Finding communities that are
right for you, make you feel at home, and offer the amenities most
important to you are paramount to a successful move.
Although this step does require your time, thought, and research,
it is truly worth the effort.
Here are some tips:
- Narrow the focus to improve results - Searching for homes across
a large area can feel like finding the proverbial 'needle in
a haystack'. Selecting a limited scope of towns significantly increases your
chances of efficiently finding the home of your dreams.
- Know the market conditions
- When you find the perfect home, you may have to act quickly,
depending on market conditions. Familiarity with the community
can help you make decisions with confidence.
- Roots grow in communities
- Settling into the right community gives you a chance to 'grow
roots'. In the future, if you happen to move to another home
within that town, your roots in the community remain intact.
- Commuting patterns
- Home prices and availability
- Availability of community services
and public transportation
- Access to cultural, recreational and
- Urban vs. rural settings
- Quality of schools and child-care